When did I subscribe to How Stories Work with Jay Sherer? Well... technically, you didn't. This is The Story Geeks channel, but undergoing our new REBRAND! Don't worry, I think you'll continue to dig the content. But, I also wanted to let you know a bit more about the change in today's episode. Here are some highlights:
I have been exceedingly blessed by all your support and encouragement and by our interaction over the years! Thank you for being a part of our support system! It means so much to me!
I'm also exceedingly grateful to The Story Geeks team and everything they've done over the last 5 years! They've been amazing!
I'm rolling out an entirely new show. It's very similar to The Story Geeks, but also has some major differences. The new show will be called How Stories Work with Jay Sherer. I've resisted "personal branding" for a long time, but now I'm leaning into it a bit more. It's a bit scary, but I think (hope!) it's going to be good!
Here's a brief list of what's changing:
- The Story Geeks podcast channel - same feed, but re-branded to How Stories Work with Jay Sherer. No need to subscribe somewhere else.
- The Art of Storytelling - The Story Geeks YouTube channel - same channel, but re-branded to How Stories Work with Jay Sherer. No need to subscribe somewhere else.
- The Story Geeks Twitter - same account, but rebranded to @StorytellingHSW. No need to follow a new account.
- The Story Geeks Instagram account - same account, but rebranded to @howstorieswork. No need to follow a new account.
- The Story Geeks Facebook Group - will remain active, but long-term I won't post as much here. Sorry!
HERE'S THE ONLY SIGNIFICANT CHANGE...
- The OLD Patreon account will be deactivated...
- The NEW Patreon account will be here: https://www.patreon.com/howstorieswork
Why would I change Patreon accounts? Well, I didn't want to assume that all you amazing people would want to keep supporting my new channel. Yes, it's VERY similar, but it's not the same and it doesn't seem right to switch it without giving you the option of no longer supporting me. But know this, whether or not you choose to keep supporting me (and the Reclamation Society), I have been THRILLED and HUMBLED by all your support thus far.
I hope you'll support the new show over at https://www.patreon.com/howstorieswork, but I will TOTALLY understand if you choose not to.
You're all wonderful people, amazing supporters, and on behalf of our whole team, we are SO GRATEFUL for all you've meant to us!
Jay Sherer (always and forever a Story Geek)
PS. If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to me!