ALIEN: COVENANT - BREAKING DOWN THIS GREAT MOVIE OPENING
We're back for Season 2 of the Impactful Writing Podcast as a part of The Story Geeks Network and the Art of Storytelling YouTube channel! Season 2 is all about great openings. Starting with one of Caleb's recommendations, ALIEN: COVENANT. We'll dig deeper into ALIEN: COVENANT's opening scene to determine what makes this a great movie opening.
What do YOU love about ALIEN: COVENANT's opening scene? Let us know in the comments down below! And watch the movie before you watch our listen to our show!
Watch ALIEN: COVENANT's opening scene here: https://vimeo.com/241358352
Special thanks to the sponsor of today's show, DOR VAHDOR! Learn more about DOR VAHDOR at https://novusrenaissance.com/dor-vahdor. See below for a longer description!
- DEATH OF A BOUNTY HUNTER ("If Quentin Tarantino wrote a deeply spiritual story..."): http://deathofabountyhunter.com
- CALEB'S WEBSITE: https://www.calebmonroe.com/
More great movie openings are coming for the following films:
- ALIEN: COVENANT - July 5th (YouTube)/July 12th (The Story Geeks Podcast)
- ONCE UPON A TIME IN THE WEST - July 19th (YouTube)/July 26th (The Story Geeks Podcast)
- UP - Aug 2nd (YouTube)/Aug 9th (The Story Geeks Podcast)
- INGLORIOUS BASTERDS - Aug 16th (YouTube)/Aug 23rd (The Story Geeks Podcast)
- THE MATRIX - Aug 30th (YouTube)/Sep 6th (The Story Geeks Podcast)
- WATCHMEN - Sep 13th (YouTube)/Sep 20th (The Story Geeks Podcast)
- MOULIN ROUGE - Sep 27th (YouTube)/Oct 4th (The Story Geeks Podcast)
ALIEN: COVENANT - DISCUSSION TOPICS
- What makes ALIEN: COVENANT's opening scene compelling? What can we learn from the screenwriters in terms of this approach to storytelling and writing?
- Does this scene make sense if you haven't seen the previous films? As a storyteller/writer, how much should we be thinking about that?
- What's the deeper philosophical question this scene asks? Why should we care about that from a storytelling or writing standpoint?
- How does this opening scene set up the rest of ALIEN: COVENANT as a story?
- What are the key storytelling elements that matter to the audience in this opening scene?
- What are the key storytelling/writing elements that matter to the storytellers in this scene?
A WORD FROM OUR SPONSOR:
Dor Vahdor Volume I: Creation, Angels, War is now available on Barns & Noble and Amazon via the link below: https://novusrenaissance.com/dor-vahdor/
The Legend of Lucifer, Heaven's Great War, and the Adventure of Preflood Earth, the Supreme Supernatural Fantasy Series of our time, await you! In the lands of Kelahdünia & Varmabulretz: Monsters, Giants, Humans, Heroes, Villains, gods, Battle for Supremacy! It shall plunge your mind beyond the Kozmos and the limits of your imagination.
The Dor Vahdor music of the Main Theme and Shamayim Suite are epic Illiads at the crossroads of adventure, mystery, majesty, and mighty power designed to pair Volume I books (chapters), and are available at the link: https://novusrenaissancellc.bandcamp....
- The epic Dor Vahdor-Verse video promo featuring Incredible Artwork not featured in the book, The Shamayim Suite, Dor Vahdor Main Theme, and War Themes! https://fb.watch/6dY413S2hq/
- Merchandise at Redbuddle & Teespring: https://novusrenaissance.com/merchand...
- Art: https://novusrenaissance.com/art/
- Novus Renaissance Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/novusrenais...